Where can I look up old newspaper articles?
There are three major web searchable archives in the U.S.:
- Google’s Historical Newspapers: news.google.com/newspapers.
- Newspapers.com (newspapers.com)
- Newsbank’s Newspaper Archive (newspaperarchive.com)
Are there any free newspaper archives?
The Ancestor Hunt – Newspaper Research Links – over 39,000 free newspaper titles and links for the U.S. and Canada. (Note: includes all the titles from Chronicling America, Fulton, Advantage Archives and Google).
How can I find old newspapers online for free?
Guides to Online Free Newspapers
- Chronicling America: Historic Newspapers. …
- Elephind.com: Search the World’s Historical Newspaper Archive. …
- Europeana: Newspapers. …
- Google Newspaper Archive. …
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: International Collections. …
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: United States.
How do I find news articles by date?
Search Google News for articles within a date range
- Go to Google News.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the right side of the search box.
- From the drop-down menu, look for Date added to Google News: and choose your convenient option.
- Click Search.
Where can I find old newspapers online?
Library of Congress – The Library of Congress has a large repository of historic newspapers published in America between 1880 and 1922, available as PDFs.
Archives of Popular Newspapers and News agencies
- Times Machine – This has archived editions of The New York Times from 1851 through 1922. …
- Times Archive – The Times.
Are old newspaper articles worth money?
Many old papers are valuable, but not everyone knows which old papers have worth. Usually, papers that are worth more are the ones featuring a significant moment in history. The moon landing newspaper, for example, is a frequent collectible. … Some individual publications of rare newspapers are worth a lot of money.
How do I find old newspapers on Google?
Begin with the newspaper list to browse directly to a specific newspaper title in the Google News Archive. Once you select a title of interest, you can easily navigate to a specific date using the arrows or, even faster, by entering the date in the date box (this can be a year, month and year, or a specific date).