How do I get my brand name registered?
Here’s how you can apply for trademark:
- Decide on your unique brand name and logo. …
- Conduct an online search. …
- Fill-in the trademark application. …
- Filing for the brand name registration application. …
- Scrutinizing of your brand name registration application. …
- Publication in Indian Trade Mark Journals.
How much does it cost to register a brand name?
Total Cost to File a Trademark:
Provided that you are selling your goods at the time of the trademark filing, your total cost of registering a trademark will be the flat legal fee of $950 and US Government filing fee of $350 per class.
How long does it take to register a trademark in Myanmar?
We expect newly filed declaration applications to be released in about 4-6 weeks. That said, this timeline will be subject to the volume of applications to be handled by the Office of Registration of Deeds as well as any changes to COVID-19 protection measures in Yangon.
Do I need to register my brand name?
Should you trademark your company name? It isn’t necessary to register your mark to receive protectable rights. In the United States, you are granted “common-law rights” to a mark simply by using it as part of your business.
How do you register a brand logo?
How to Register a logo?
- Step 1: Choose a unique logo. It is very important to understand that the logo must be unique and distinct. …
- Step 2: Apply for your logo registration at the earliest. …
- Step 3- Examination of trademark application. …
- Step 4- Show Cause Hearing. …
- Step 5-Publication of Mark in Trademark Journal.
How do I register a brand name internationally?
You can file an international trademark application through the USPTO if:
- Your trademark is registered with the USPTO, or you have filed an application for registration; and.
- You are a national of, or domiciled in, the United States, or you have an industrial or commercial business in the United States.
How do I copyright a name for free?
You can not register a trademark for free. However, you can establish something known as a “common law trademark” for free, simply by opening for business. The benefit of relying on common law trademark rights is that it’s free, and you don’t need to do any specific work filling out forms, etc.
What is the meaning of trade marks?
A trademark is a sign capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trademarks are protected by intellectual property rights. … In principle, a trademark registration will confer an exclusive right to the use of the registered trademark.
Can you trademark a name without a business?
There’s no legal requirement for you to register a trademark. Using a business name can give you ‘common law’ rights, even without formally registering it. However, as expected, trademark law is quite complex.
Is my brand name taken?
To search the USPTO’s trademark database, go to TESS and choose a search option. If you are searching for a name, you can use the trademark name search. If you are searching a design mark, such as a logo, you will first need to look up your design code using the USPTO’s Design Search Code Manual.
Can I trademark my name?
Trademark a Personal Name
If your name or surname has become renowned or your goods and services are well-known under your name or surname, then the trademark office allows registration. If the name or surname is a brand identifier, you can trademark it.