What does MAE mean in Thai?
And even more start with “Mae” แม่ /mâe/. This means “mother” but is really a shortened form of แม่น้ำ /mâe náam/, meaning mother of waters, or river.
What does Phi mean Thai?
It uses to call someone that older than you. you can say only ‘phi'(พี่)too.
How do you say nan in Thai?
How to say grandma in Thai Language
- There are 2 ways to say Grandma in Thai. …
- ย่า is used when referring to your grandmother from your father’s side.
- ยาย is used when referring to your grandmother from your mother’s side.
- To sound polite you can say คุณ (kun) before ยาย or ย่า.
How do you say Mom in Thai?
When addressing parents, you can use the word ‘mae’ (แม่) for mother/mom, and the word ‘phaw’ (พ่อ) for father/dad.
How do you call a family in Thailand?
Thai Vocabulary – ครอบครัว krͻ̂ͻp-krua | Family
- พ่อ / pͻ̂ͻ / father.
- แม่ / mԑ̂ԑ / mother.
- ลูก / lûuk / child, offspring.
- ลูกชาย / lûukchaai / son.
- ลูกสาว / lûuksǎao / daughter.
- ปู่ / bpùu / father’s father.
- ย่า / yâa / father’s mother.
- ตา / dtaa / mother’s father.
How do you say friend in Thai?
To say friend in Thai is “เพื่อน /pʉ̂an/”.
Why do Thai say AI?
ai is for men and ee is for women. They can be used to make up insults. For example the Thai word farang for westerner is not an insult. … You can use it with many words to form insults, e.g. ai kwai (Mr Buffalo), ee ngo (Ms Stupid), ai bah (Mr Crazy).
What is P and Nong in Thai?
The respect for elders within Thai culture is something that is lacking within Western culture. The proper term of address for anyone who is older is Pee (placed before their name), which literally translates as older brother or sister, and anyone younger is Nong, which translates as younger brother or sister.
What does Krab mean in Thai?
Krab/Ka. “Krab” or “Ka” (you saw above) is used for a simple reply “Yes“. “Chai”(ใช่) is used to mean “Yes, you are right”.