What are 5 interesting facts about Thailand?
Fun and interesting facts about Thailand
- Bangkok’s real name is super long. …
- Thailand is a land of temple. …
- Thailand used to be known as Siam. …
- Siamese cats are native to Thailand. …
- The first conjoined twin to become internationally known came from Thailand. …
- Over 90 per cent of Thais are Buddhist. …
- Males were all Buddhist monks.
What makes Bangkok so popular?
Bangkok has attracted millions of visitors annually for decades, offering tourists an incredible experience of cultural tradition-meets-modernity. It’s got world-class food, stunning historical landmarks, and some of the best hospitality around the globe.
Why is Bangkok popular?
Bangkok has beaten London to the number one spot as 2013’s most popular tourist destination, and it’s not just because of Thailand’s reputation for spicy food and Buddhist temples: It’s the shopping. … They spend an awful lot of money abroad—$102 billion in 2012—and a decent chunk of it goes to retailers in Bangkok.
What is illegal in Bangkok?
Table of contents
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What flag is Thailand?
national flag consisting of horizontal stripes of red, white, blue, white, and red. The flag has a width-to-length ratio of 2 to 3.