What will we do during storm surge?
Stay inside where you are protected from the water. Monitor the storm’s progress and listen for warnings or instructions from local officials. … Before driving anywhere, listen carefully to rescue officials who will be coordinating evacuation plans.
How do you stay safe during a storm surge?
Protecting Yourself and Your Property
- Determine your risk. Start by knowing if your property is at risk of flooding. …
- Purchase a flood insurance policy. …
- Organize your emergency supplies. …
- Keep a portable radio handy. …
- Prepare your home for flooding.
What is storm surge in Filipino?
What is Storm Surge? (Also known as “Daluyong ng Bagyo”) is the abnormal rise in sea level that occurs during tropical cyclones or “bagyo”.
What should you do before during and after a storm surge in the Philippines?
If a storm surge is forecast
- Check supplies including medications, radio, flashlight and batteries.
- You may have to evacuate. Keep your emergency kit close at hand.
- Make sure the basement windows are closed.
- Fuel your car. If evacuation becomes necessary, it will be hard to stop for gas.
What should you do before during and after a flood?
What To Do Before, During, and After a Flood
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Avoid building in a floodplain unless you elevate and reinforce your home.
- Elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel in your home if you live in an area that has a high flood risk.
How can you protect yourself and your family from a storm surge?
Here are some ways to protect your home and possessions from the wind and water damage associated with storm surges:
- Check your risk. …
- Protect windows and doors. …
- Remove flying objects. …
- Reinforce the roof. …
- Get a storm-proof garage door. …
- Protect the crawl space and basement.
What are the 5 steps to prepare for a tornado?
- Water and canned or dried food – families should set aside one gallon of water per person per day, to last three days, and a three-day supply of food per person. …
- Battery powered radio.
- Extra batteries for the radio and flashlight.
- Prescription medications.
- First-aid kit.
How can we prevent storms?
Prevent storm damage
- Take patio furniture, bins, gardening tools and ornaments inside or secure them.
- Close sunshades and put away parasols.
- If you’re in the woods, seek shelter in a group of low trees and never stand under a tree standing on its own.
- You are best protected in a car.
- Don’t stand in front of an open window.